Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Day 2 - Day 1 was a moderate success

Hurrah! I have made it to Day 2 of the new me and I am even contemplating the gym. Yesterday I managed to eat healthily but not exercise...today is all about correcting that imbalance.
Well I made it to the gym...a whole hour and a half! twenty minutes on the cycle, twenty miniutes on the eliptical trainer a combined twenty on the treadmill and then 5 mnutes...16 floors on the stepper...plus of course a circuit til my muscles hurt.
Unfortunately there is no time for the gym tomorrow as I am having breakky with my good mates Scarpetta, Farthing and Pete. I am also attending the Canberra Theatre Centre launch of the 2009 Season, very exciting!
I am cooking a healthy pasta for dinner with a tomato base, a few olives, anchovies (for taste), I will try to limit my pasta as I don't really want to carb load.
Today is Melbourne Cup Day and we had a public holiday. How lucky are we! I love a holiday that is a welcome intrusion into the working week! I certainly didn't pick the winner but I was wearing a fabulous fascinator...a little blue feathered number. Next year I am going to make something grand.
This afternoon I went off to visit Craftie and Red Cross. Craftie is called Craftie not because her eyes are too close together and she always rips us off but because she is the craft queen! And my mate Red Cross because she is always there in an emergency. We have a Christmas craft group and make interesting things to get us in the spirit of Christmas...today we made christmas trees from craftwood and covered them with lovely christmassy scrapbooking papers. I just have a little bit of glueng to go and then...a completed project. Henny will be so excited! I can hear his drycomments...'Where ya gunna put that dust collector?'
It is a very busy life being a diva!

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Woohoo! Good for you going to the gym! Very impressive:-)

I made a christmas countdown calendar a few weeks back that worked out well if you need something else to copy!